Connecticut has a lot to offer as far as jobs and opportunities for making a good living. It does get quite cold for quite a while in the winters, however, CT has everything a person can want. From great beaches, parks, hiking trails, and great city life. It’s also a great place to raise a family and lots of businesses are located here. Connecticut homes for sale is one of the things to consider if you’re moving to this area. The median home value in Connecticut is $263,752 and median list price per square foot in Connecticut is $171. Also, Median prices for homes that are currently listed is $314,900. As of July 2017 US census, the state hit a total population of 3,588,184.
Unlike other states, Connecticut actually gets all 4 seasons and get to enjoy them. When it’s winter you’ll get to enjoy skiing, in the summer there are beaches and lakes. If you live in Greenwich, Westport or Fairfield County, you’ll have an easy access to your neighboring areas such as in New York and Boston – both areas are just an hour away from CT. There are so many different things to enjoy this state. It has many hiking trails, lakes, wineries, breweries, comedy clubs, playhouses, farmer’s market, bike trails, rivers, swimming holes, and many cultural festival activities.
Despite a few transitional challenges, here are the things you need to know about residential properties in Connecticut:
1. Majority of people in Connecticut are big on homeownership. Of half a million households in Connecticut, nearly an average of 64% people owns their own homes.
2. Houses here in Connecticut are affordable compared to other neighboring states like NY and Boston or even in Florida. The median home value is $263,752 and median list price per square foot in Connecticut is $171. Also, Median prices for homes that are currently listed is $314,900. As of July 2017 US census, the state hit a total population of 3,588,184.
3. Top counties with homes for sale in Connecticut are as follows: Fairfield, Hartford, Middlesex, and New Haven.
4. Buying a house could be more exciting than anything else. If you’re already approved in your mortgage then it’s to choose a house depends on budget and lifestyle. In Connecticut, you’ll have plenty of options in choosing a house. From coastal houses to cozy farm environment. Each of these houses in CT has its own style and benefits. It would be best to do some research before buying it. You can choose from these Connecticut homes styles: Colonial, Ranch style, Townhome, Bungalows, Dutch colonial, and Saltboxes.
5. No matter where you live whether in Stratford, West Haven or from Milford homes for sale in CT it’s always best to make sure that your house is covered with a home insurance. We’ll never know what’s going to happen, especially if it’s a natural catastrophe or a unique seasonal property challenge. Here are the top homeowner’s insurance companies in Connecticut: State Farm, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, and Chubb.
Big decisions begin in proper planning, HJL Properties LLC would be a great resource for you in finding your dream home in Connecticut. Contact them today and be guided with the step-by-step process and other important considerations you need to know in buying your home.